ENGINE LUBRICATION – WHY IT MATTERS
Your engine is the heart of your car. Keeping your engine properly lubricated reduces friction, heat build up and wear. By using our products, you’ll help your engine run more efficient, perform better and last longer.
HOW IT WORKS
Proper lubrication of an engine is a complex process. Motor oil must perform many functions under many different operating conditions. The primary functions of oil are listed below:
- Provide a barrier between moving parts to reduce friction, heat build up, and wear.
- Disperse heat. Friction from moving parts and combustion of fuel produce heat that must be carried away.
- Absorb and suspend dirt and other particles. Dirt and carbon particles need to be carried by the oil to the oil filter where they can be trapped.
- Neutralize acids that can build up and destroy polished metal surfaces.
- Coat all engine parts. Oil should have the ability to leave a protective coating on all parts when the engine is turned off to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Resist sludge and varnish build up. Oil must be able to endure extreme heat without changing in physical properties or breaking down.
- Stay fluid in cold weather; yet remain thick enough to offer engine protection in hot weather.
Additives provide most of these functions. "Base" motor oil is always blended with additives to help provide a more complete package of engine protection. This is also true with synthetic oils.
Over time, the additives in motor oils can get used up, and the level of protection to your engine can diminish. This is especially true in severe driving conditions.
WHAT YOU DO
Proper maintenance of your engine involves changing the engine oil and filter regularly, along with cleaning your fuel injectors and checking other items such as belts, hoses and other fluids. Motor Oil Treatments are formulated to provide high stress engine lubrication in today's engines and help to replenish or maintain a good level of additive protection for your engine.
Motor Oil Treatment + MoS2, Motor Oil Treatment + Teflon® and Ceramic Engine Protector all fight metal to metal friction by providing a thicker cushion between moving engine parts in all cars, light trucks and SUV’s. They help resist motor oil breakdown, counteract oil thinning by boosting viscosity and increase the anti-wear protection of your motor oil.
Oil Stop Leak is a specialty product meant for use when common problems like oil leaks or exhaust smoke occurs. It is specially designed to help rejuvenate seals and gaskets and improve sealing at valve guides, piston rings and cylinder walls. This results in a reduction or stop of oil loss and oil contamination and in better compression and thus superior engine performance.
Engine Flush is a specialty product consisting of highly effective cleaning detergents which is to be used prior to regular oil changes. It removes gums, varnish, sludge and contaminants like carbon deposits and cleans the oil system for optimum performance.
* Teflon® is a registered trademark of DuPont de Nemours.